FTWF Single Filter DN 15 – 1000, Steel, Stainless Steel or GFK PN 10 – PN 64
Areas of application
The FTWF-inline single filter is a versatile implementation filter for liquid, gaseous or pasty media. It is characterized by high-performance, low spatial requirements as well a possibility for fast and easy cleaning. Inlet flange and outlet flange are equal height.
In the standard version the filter consists of a welded steel vessel with cover that is fastened through screws and nuts. Alternatively the filter can be equipped with a strainer, ringer strainer insert or cartridges, or bag filters.
The filter is installed in pipelines via flanges. Ensure that the standard version of the filter is installed vertically, tension-free without additional mechanical stress. The medium must flow in the direction specified on the vessel. Incorrect installation can cause filter malfunctions.
Commissioning / operating instructions
- Slowly open the inlet/outlet valves.
- Open the vent until liquid escapes.
- Close vent.
- Filter is ready for operation.
Attention: Since in this case a pressure vessel is involved, strictly ensure that the vessel is de-pressurized before starting maintenance tasks. Comply with the safety and accident prevention guidelines required for the medium.
- Depressurize the filter via vent and drain.
- Loosen the vessel opening and take off the cover.
- Empty the filter via the drain to a level that is at least below the strainer support.
- Pull the sieve insert upward and out of the filter vessel. The strainer can now be cleaned by blowing it out or blasting it with compressed air, steam, or water. If necessary the sieve must be soaked and cleaned in a suitable agent. Under some circumstances optimal sieve cleaning is achieved through ultrasound. For all cleaning types ensure that the filter mesh is not damaged.
- When assembling the filter check the cover seal for wear, replace it if necessary.
- If the medium is changed a conformity evaluation in accordance with PEN 97/23 EG CE must be executed.