STRAINER BASKET FILTER DN 15 – DN 600 | PN 6 – PN 25 ANSI 1 1/2 – 24” or JIS
The FTSF filter is a versatile strainer basket filter for gaseous and liquid media made from GGG-50 (nodular graphite) in accordance with EN-GJS-500-7 or Rg 10, (special version). It is characterized by high performance, low weight and space-saving design, as well as an extremely easy, fast cleaning.
- Flexible combination of housing sizes, filter surfaces and connecting flanges.
- Eleven housing sizes can be supplied with different connecting flanges, which ensures adaptation to the operating requirements and quantities of impurities. Variable filter surface selection.
The filter consists of a cast housing with opposing connecting flanges of equal height. The filter cover is alternatively fastened with stud bolts and nuts.
- The venting device in the cover and drain unit in the housing are included in the scope of supply. Quick-acting clamp for cleaning the strainers (to DN 200).
Alternatively the filter can be equipped with a basket strainer, ring or other inserts. For example the filter insert consists of perforated plate, which is optionally spanned with mesh of different widths. The medium to be filtered flows through the strainer insert from the inside to the outside. The particles remain in the strainer and can be removed with the strainer.
Do not use the filter with clamp catch for filtering of hazardous media (e.g. toxic, flammable, or corrosive media) and gases or vapors! In these cases select bolts and nuts for the cover catch. Prior to using the filter verify the intended use. If there are changes in operating conditions or the medium then a conformity evaluation in accordance with PED EN 97/23 EC must be carried out (for this please contact us as the manufacturer or execute a hazard analysis with conformity evaluation).
Installation in pipes is carried out using flanges. Ensure that the standard version of the filter is installed and in a mechanically tension-free manner without additional loads. The medium must flow in the direction specified on the housing. Incorrect installation can cause filter malfunctions and damage the inserts.
Commissioning / operating instructions
- Open the venting device until liquid escapes
- Close venting device
- Filter is ready for operation
Attention: Since this is a pressure vessel make absolutely sure
that the filter is depressurized before starting maintenance tasks. Follow the safety and accident prevention guidelines required for the medium.
- Relieve the pressure on the filter by means of the venting device and drain unit.
- Loosen the filter catch and lift off the cover.
- Drain the filter via the drain unit to a level that is at least below the strainer support.
- Pull the strainer insert upward and out of the filter housing. The strainer can now be cleaned by carefull blowing it out or blasting it with compressed air, steam, or water. If necessary the strainer must be soaked and cleaned in a suitable cleaning agent. In some circumstances optimum cleaning is achieved by means of ultrasound. For all cleaning types ensure that the filter mesh is not damaged.
- When assembling the filter in the reverse sequence, check the sealing elements for wear and replace them if necessary.
Heat flanges and differential pressure indicator
On request the filter can be fitted with heat flanges in the floor area as shown in the sketch.
The use of heaters requires the use of ring strainers.