FTWF Single Filter DN 15 – 1000, Steel, Stainless Steel, Plastic, GFK
Areas of application
The FTWF single filter is a versatile implementation filter for liquid, gaseous or pasty media. It is characterized by high-performance, low spatial requirements, as well a possibility for fast and easy cleaning. Inlet and outlet flange can be positioned as desired as special version (in the standard version height offset).
In the standard version the filter consists of a welded steel vessel with cover that is fastened through screws and nuts. Alternatively the filter can be equipped with a strainer, ring strainer insert or cartridges, or bag filters.
The filter is installed in piping via flanges. Ensure that the standard version of the filter is installed vertically, tension-free without additional mechanical stress. The medium must flow in the direction specified on the vessel. Incorrect installation can cause filter malfunctions or damage.
Commissioning / operating instructions
- Slowly open the inlet/outlet valves.
- Open the vent until liquid escapes.
- Close vent.
- Filter is ready for operation.
Attention: Since in this case a pressure vessel is involved, strictly ensure that the vessel is without pressure before starting maintenance tasks. Comply with the safety and accident prevention guidelines required for the medium.
- Depressurize the filter via vent and drain with the drain connection.
- Loosen the vessel opening and take off the cover.
- Empty the filter via the drain to a level that is at least below the strainer support.
- Pull the strainer insert upward and out of the filter vessel. The strainer can now be cleaned by carefull blowing it out or blasting it with compressed air, steam, or water. If necessary the sieve must be soaked and cleaned in a suitable agent. Under some circumstances optimal sieve cleaning is achieved through ultrasound. For all cleaning types ensure that the filter mesh is not damaged.
- When assembling the filter check the cover seal for wear, replace it if necessary.
- If the medium is changed a conformity evaluation in accordance with PEN 97/23 EG CE must be executed.